The Genesee County Drain Commissioner Division of Water & Waste Services Permits and Construction Department (GCDC-WWS P&C)
- Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control (SESC) Permits and/or Waivers (Residential and Commercial).
- B-Permits (for new utility connections where applicable).
- S-Permits (for extension of public water and sanitary sewer).
- Sewer and Water connection Permits (where applicable, some communities issue their own permits).
- Please note IPP Permits are issued directly by the GCDC-WWS IPP Department not GCDC-WWS P&C Department.
- Please note all well and septic permits are issued by the Genesee County Health Department.
- Please note that all drive-way permits are issued by the Genesee County Road Commission.
Reviews Conducted For:
- Site Plan Preliminary Plat Approval (per current standards and specifications).
- Construction Plan Approval (for extension of public water and sanitary sewer per current standards and specifications).
- SESC Plan and Permit Approval (Per State of Michigan Part 91).
- Grinder Station Approvals (per current standards and specifications).
- Meter Pit Approvals (per current standards and specifications).
- Residential Equivalent Unit (REU) calculation and determination of County Capital Improvement Fees (CCIF) per current Table of Unit Factors and Fee Schedule.
- REU Audits (as requested by the local unit of Government).
- All reviews related to Storm/Surface Water are done by the Genesee County Drain Commissioner’s Office Surface Water Management Division (810) 732-1590.
- Provide construction inspection for the extension of public water and sanitary sewer.
- Provide testing of sanitary sewer and water main before they are put into service.
- Provide sanitary and water private lead inspections where applicable.
- Provide special inspections for installation of meter pits, grinder stations or other activities where applicable.
- Provide SESC inspections to confirm compliance where applicable.
- Provide as-built utility (water and sanitary) location information.
- Provide GCDC-WWS Customer Service to the community.
The Genesee County Drain Commissioner Division of Water & Waste Services Permits and Construction (P&C) Department personnel can be reached at (810) 732-7870 or:
Dion Burroughs – Customer Service Coordinator email@example.com
CS Coordinator, Administrative Assistant to Permits Manager, Residential SESC Permits and Sewer & Water Permits
Theresa Ingle – Geographic Information Systems Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
GIS, B-Permits and Sewer & Water Permits
Cliff Webster – SESC Technician email@example.com
GIS, Customer Service and Residential SESC Permits
Mark Stephens – Engineering Technician II firstname.lastname@example.org
GIS, Utility Locations and As-Built Plans
Les Rogers – Construction Operations Supervisor email@example.com
Point of contact for utility construction projects, construction, lead and special Inspections, utility testing, pre-construction meeting coordinator, shop drawing review and approval.
Brenda Brockett – Construction Observer firstname.lastname@example.org
SESC (Northern half of Genesee County), public sewer and water installation observation, sewer and water lead inspection and special Inspections
Paul Donnelly – Construction Observer email@example.com
SESC (Southern half of Genesee County), public sewer and water installation observation, sewer and water lead inspection and special Inspections
Ryan Lynn – Construction Observer firstname.lastname@example.org
SESC, Public sewer and water installation observation, sewer and water lead inspection and special inspections